Dental Benefits Overview
Understanding your dental benefits can improve your health and lower your out-of-pocket expenses.
Treatment plan questions
You need to know the answers to these questions before agreeing to a treatment plan:
- Do I understand the treatment alternatives being recommended?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each treatment option?
- Which options are necessary, elective or cosmetic?
- What are the fees for the recommended treatment?
- Are the fees reasonable?
- Should I submit the treatment plan for pre-determination of benefits?
- Is my dentist a member of my plan's Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) network?
- If my dentist is not a member of my plan's PPO network, will my dentist join the network so I can lower my out-of-pocket expenses?
Get a second opinion
If you are not comfortable with your dentist, the recommended treatment, the dentists fees, the office staff, or you just want the comfort of another opinion; you should consider a second opinion. There are variances between dentists and how they practice dentistry.